Mission and History
The mission of Alabama Christian Academy is to glorify God by providing a quality, Christ-centered education which challenges students and teachers to maximize their potential so that graduates are prepared to further their education while becoming productive Christian citizens.
Alabama Christian Academy was founded in 1942 by a small group of men committed to providing Montgomery's youth with a Bible-based education. The school grew from local interest in Christian education with Leonard Johnson and Rex A. Turner as its co-presidents. The original site of the school was on Ann Street, three miles from Court Square in Montgomery. The college opened on September 14, 1942, offering four years of high school work and one year of college and had 23 students enrolled at opening. Leonard Johnson, Rex A. Turner, Arthur L. Butler, Mrs. Bulah Sessions, Mrs. Bernice Johnson, and James Benson were among the first faculty and all served without pay. In 1954, the school's name changed from Montgomery Bible College to Alabama Christian College and in 1973 it evolved into three schools – Alabama Christian Academy, Faulkner University, and Southern Christian University, now named Amridge. In 1985, ACA moved to its current location and implemented a phased, ongoing building program. The school remains true to the original founders' goal of providing a Bible-based education to its students.
Alabama Christian Academy is accredited by Advance-ED (SACS).
For more school profile information, click HERE.